If you have a Facebook Business Page, there is an extra step to take your page to the next level of credibility with people looking for your Business Page. Have you noticed the gray or blue checkmark badge next to other Business Page names? You can see mine here for a quick look at what it looks like.
What does this badge mean?
There are two different types of badges. There is a blue verification badge marks the authenticity of either a public figure, media company or global brand. The second type is the gray badge that authenticates specific locations for businesses or organizations. Either way, it is the next step to gaining credibility for your business and assuring people that they are on the correct business page. With so many fraudulent or imposter pages occurring, the lack of a badge signals users that the page may not be authentic.
Are there true benefits to having my Business Page Verified?
- The checkmark badge gives instant credibility to your page since there is a legitimate process a Business Page must go through to verify its’ legitimacy.
- Your Business Page will rank higher in Search Results.
- User’s will know they are getting updates from your business and not an unofficial page.
There are two ways a business can get verified by Facebook.
- Click Settings at the top of your Page.
- From General, click Page Verification.
- Click Verify this Page.
- Enter a publicly listed phone number for your business, your country and language.
- Click Call Me Now to allow Facebook to call you with a verification code.
- Enter the 4-digit verification code and click Continue.
Connect with us here: